Monday, March 14, 2016

IN THE SECRET PLACE

Bid me to abide a moment longer 
Entreat me to stay a day longer
For in your countenance I go stronger 
For truly not in vain I'm a sojourner

Overshadow me in the shade of thine shadow 
Foreshadowing the burdens overcast my mien 
To shed light on the trails of chasing shadows 
Blighting darkness beyond the shadow of doubt

Oh, the crusty soil beneath my bare sole 
Prayer ground cracked baring my weighty soul 
The very dust soiled from my tears solely
For your refreshing to sweep over my soul

Rambling or mumbling might seem to another 
For the un-discerning seemingly a drunk of sort 
But they be groaning-s that cannot be uttered
For words have failed me for yet another while

From the rapport in this secret place
I fledge the wings I need to fly
I gain the glow that brightens the face
Espying the mystery thrusting me onto victory 

Original poem by me from my book - The experience of God's love in all its fullness (c) 2015. photo credits: photo by me

Scripture reference: Psalm 91:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment